Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Day 25: Earl Nightengale and Running Caused the Light Bulb in My Head to Turn On!

I was runing on my pillow this morning, interrupting myself as my mind cleared and delivered guidance and instruction. I have today, Wednesday, Thursday, Friaday...

Suddenly I got an idea. Ask for what I need.

So I sent a letter to 4 friends (my dad, Helen, my brother and Noushi). This is the letter.

I’m on my way to California . I’ll be away for a couple of months. During that time I’ll be completing a CELTA course (housing + course, $3,500) which will make it easier for me to teach English as a Second Language internationally. I am also joining a marketing venture that basically has a buy-in of $5,000 (with an income yield of $5,000 to $10,000+ per month)

At the moment the above is not funded. I am asking for financial assistance from a handful of friends. If you can lend me $1,000 or more let me know. I can repay you before the end of 2007 either via PayPal or bank wire, however you prefer.
Thank you. I leave tomorrow evening for San Diego and have enough cash to be housed and fed (good thing I’m a vegan, food is cheap!) until the end of October. My course begins first week of November and will be in Mexico (where the cost of living is relatively inexpensive, thank goodness)

Bank: routing number aka ABA number 255077639
checking account number-- 0000250850
name on account-- Niamaat
name of institution-- Capital Area Realtors Federal Credit Union
location of institution-- 105A W Edmonston Drive , Rockville MD 20852
phone-- 240 314 0732 ( USA )
For the past 12 months I have accepted a living/life situation that is really unacceptable so I’m getting out of it by any means necessary. Funny that the last thing I thought of was asking for help from friends. lol

Only three people have actually seen how I am living up close, albeit very briefly. One of those people, Jennifer, drove 2 hours from Pennsylvania, with her 2 year old and her elderly father-in-law, to bring me tons of non-perishable food purchased at a dollar store because I mentioned I wasn’t eating for lack of food or means to get any, another, Mei, who was asking me for help to leave this town and leave her husband who was beating her and being kind to his girlfriend, and another, Mark, who drove me here last year and who owes me money but has no income in fact. I’m wiring him money today so that he has gas for the round trip to pick me and my luggage up tomorrow to drive me into DC.

If you help, great. If you don’t, no problem. It’s all good. I will find a way. In fact, I’m leaving, not even knowing how this will be funded just knowing that there must be a way. I cannot stay any longer in my current situation.

Create the life that you want to live. Life is short and I need help. If you can help with money I’d appreciate it. If you cannot, I appreciate that, too. I too have been in the situation where I could not help someone financially.

My contact info is all internet based. In fact, someone just the other day let me know that it was pretty easy to find my phone number just by Googling my name: Niamaat. I have what’s called an “internet presence.” My PO Box in Washington DC 20013 is still open however I have no idea when, after tomorrow, I will see mail addressed to that address.

Wow, just got a call. Rab who has a house in Hyattsville MD that he wants to sell. Okay I’ll do may analysis and call him back with my offer. Craigslist is great! I repost every day…I have about 9 to 10 ads that I run in rotation… “financial services”, “real estate services” and in “housing wanted”
Peace…

As it turns out the banking wiring information wasn't accurate and I called my banking institution and got the correct wiring instructions.

The home owner in Hyattsville wantd about $80k more than I was prepared to offer.

I've confirmed/verified my transportation and accommodations and contacted te schol. That $3.500 includes ($2,600 course, certificate, housing + about $500 for food and soap and $500 for transportation to the school.)

Now I'll finish up the paperwork for the school and send it off. Internet is such a useful tool!

Something very interesting is happening. I asked for help and ...I received it.

Noushi responded immediately and wired funds. Kevin called and asked me to call back which I did but he was having lunch. Helen called, after Kevin called her to checkher email. She will be sending funds tomorrow.

Just got a call from Sofia...she wants to sell her house in one week for what she owes...

That's two calls from Craigslist today....this second one highly motivated.

~*~

Just got a call from Dad. He'll be sending $2k that he said he happened to have laying around. That's funny.

~*~

I am amazed and grateful. In one day, just by asking for help, I raised four thousand dollars...match that with the thousand I have that means I'm at the halfway mark. I just need $5,000 more and I'll be set; I will have reached critical mass: trip funded and fire stoked for monthly income of $5-10k+/month for the forseeable future.

~*~

Time to answer some ads on Craigslist and also to do a post for Sofia and send an email blast to real estate people in my address book. I hope it helps her sell her house to an owner occupant.

Then time to do some running and get more cosmic guidance. Yeah, maybe it's going to be a long night.

I can sleep in the car. I haven't been in acar, in nearly a year. lol

No comments: